Since 1987, Whipple Superchargers ? have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. Whipple was the first to bring positive displacement technology to fuel injected, emissions legal GM applications. With over 23 years of GM twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple?s team have now engineered the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC system available today for your Chevrolet Corvette. With all the latest technology, the all new Whipple system makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear. The new Whipple system is 100% complete and is designed for stock engines but has enough capability to work with heavily modified engines.
The all-new system features Whipple?s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, a unique front feed W175ax (a whopping 2.9 liters) integrated Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold and a Whipple Power Flash Programmer from Superchips ? for the factory ECU recalibration. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today. Kit's come standard with a 4.00" supercharger pulley and RK Sport Fiberglass or carbon fiber hood.
* Only twin-screw that?s 50-state emissions legal
* Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outflows competitions 2.3L roots-type systems
* Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks and flow restrictions
* Integrated Crusher ? venturi shaped inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitations
* Integrated Crusher ? 112mm round inlet outflows smaller 90 and 93mm inlets such as other Eaton based systems
* Integrated Crusher ? 112mm round inlet for optional 102mm, 105mm and 112mm TB?s that outflow others 110mm
* Big Mouth Whipple Crusher ? plastic air inlet for increased velocity and lower inlet temps vs. steel and aluminum tubes
* Optional Crusher? 120mm (4.75?) air inlet system that outflows competition
* Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
* Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available
* Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy, no ridiculous fabbed steel tubes
* Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
* Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo
* Zero turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends
* Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
* Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
* Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC?s that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
* More boost at the ?hit? than any other twin-screw
* Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
* MSD ? Fuel pump booster with pre-defined voltage curve for less pump duty cycle then other pump boosters, only supplies increased voltage when needed, others are on/off
* MSD ? Fuel pump booster voltage curve can be adjusted by user, no need to purchase ?competition? version, already included
* Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
* Optional 4.5 liter supercharger for race applications
* Optional window or heat extractor hood
* No internal modifications required
* Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
* Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
* Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
* Plug and play wiring, no cutting or splicing
* High flow air filter system
* High flow fuel injectors (63lb/hr)
* Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
* Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover for increased safety (carbon fiber optional)
* OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation
* Complete kits, Tuner kits and Hot Rod kits are available
* Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
* Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies (102mm or 112mm)
* Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
* 3 minute pulley changes
* 1 year warranty
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS OPTIONAL PRODUCTS
* 112mm round billet throttle body
* 120mm (4.75? diameter ID) air inlet system and 120mm MAF cold air kit
* 105 lb/hr fuel injectors
* Custom colors
* Water cooled SC
* Pulleys from 4.25? to 2.75? in every .125 increment
WHY WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS?
While others ?claim? to be leaders, the truth is simple; Whipple Superchargers are the true pioneers of twin-screw supercharging. For over 23 years, Whipple has led the industry with innovation after innovation. Whipple has nearly 10 years more experience in GM supercharging applications then any other positive displacement supercharger manufacturer. Whipple Superchargers brought the twin-screw supercharger to the US automotive market and has pioneered the ?bolt-on? supercharger business. While others try to copy or follow, Whipple continues to develop new superchargers and new systems that not only look like a piece of art, they outperform the competition.
The revolutionary front feed 2.9 liter (175 cubic inch) twin screw SC sets a new standard to supercharging. While others cobble up one adapter after another, Whipple spent over two years developing every single component of this ground breaking supercharger system. The results speak for themselves, not only does it make the most 50-state legal horsepower of any supercharger system on the market, its fully upgradeable with camshafts, head work, throttle bodies and bigger air systems so you have the ability to go from mild to wild whenever you want.
FRONT INLET SC VS. REAR INLET SC
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to rear inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. While some companies make phony claims about how many bends they have, the fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. For 50-state emissions legal systems, the Whipple front entry system requires 1 less bend (3 to 4) then any rear entry SC. With the optional competition inlet, it?s 2 less bends (1 to 3). Others just show pictures of the air tube, but forget to mention the SC inlet which makes 2 90 deg bends, while also restricting plenum volume so they can clear the firewall. The Whipple system also uses a round (round flows significantly more then oval or rectangle shapes) 112mm opening vs. other systems that utilize lower flowing rectangle opening.
FRONT INLET SC VS. OTHER FRONT INLET SC?S
Not all front inlet systems are created equal. As in typical Whipple fashion, the Whipple front inlet system is not restricted by a 93mm inlet system which severely limits your potential power gains. The Whipple SC system uses a unique 112mm round (round flows significantly more then oval or rectangle) inlet for nearly 1800cfm capacity (1200hp).
WHIPPLE FUEL SYSTEM
The Whipple Corvette SC system comes with Siemens Deka 63 lb/hr fuel injectors that are rated up to 80psi of fuel pressure giving you the capacity for far greater power levels then standard systems. Whipple also supplies you with the MSD ? fuel pump booster which is far superior to others that have instant on, instant off characteristics. The MSD ? pump booster comes pre-programmed with a gradual curve, as increased voltage is only needed at high flow fuel demand. The MSD ? pump booster is also user adjustable allowing you to increase the voltage up to 22 volts if required. No need to buy another unit like other systems!